Licia Canton is a professional writer and editor with more than twenty years’ experience. She has worked with authors, publishers, teachers, and public relations and marketing professionals. She has published short stories, essays, and articles in Canada and abroad. She is the author of the story collection Almond Wine and Fertility (2008) – published in Italy as Vino alla mandorla e fertilità (2015) – and the editor of nine volumes of fiction and nonfiction. She is also a literary critic, translator and founding editor-in-chief of Accenti Magazine. She has been a guest author and keynote speaker at universities, and she has read her work at international literary festivals. She has taught composition and literature and has mentored emerging writers and journalists. She holds a Ph.D. in Canadian literature from Université de Montréal and a Master's in English from McGill University.
Carla is a journalist who has worked in communications for the past twenty years. She is also a literary editor and agent as well as a managing editor. She has published essays such as Montecuccoli 1937-38. Viaggio in Estremo Oriente (Bacchilega, 2006) and Agente Letterario 3.0 Reloaded (Errant Editions, 2014). She belongs to the organization Scrittura Industriale Collettiva, which has published a novel entitled In territorio nemico (Minimum Fax, 2013). She contributes to Critica Letteraria and Bookavenue.
Carta e calamaio
Carta e calamaio, in English ‘Paper and Inkpot,’ is a team of professionals who work, but not exclusively, in the publishing industry: writers, translators, graphic designers and creative individuals, publishers and editors, experts in the field of communications, digital publishing and royalties.
Thanks to their wide range of expertise, they are able to offer the following services:
- Contacts with publishers, handling of contracts and royalties, foreign rights.
- Evaluation of unpublished manuscripts and an in-depth critical analysis of the work.
- Editing and proofreading of drafts.
- Publishing promotion:
- Press coverage;
- Submission of unpublished works to literary prizes;
- Publication of book reviews in specialized newspapers (print and online), websites and blogs;
- Organization of book launches;
- Book fair participation;
- Creation and dissemination of book trailers;
- Creation and maintenance of websites and blogs.
- Self-publishing: technical and promotional support for print books and e-books.
- Co-ordination of book series and book projects.
- Development of web content for businesses, institutions, private individuals.
- Website and blog building and maintenance.
- Book trailers.
- E-books and iBooks.
- Translation (English, German, French, Spanish).
- Organization of forums and literary and cultural events:
- Book launches;
- Courses, events, seminars, workshops on writing and publishing;
- Meetings with authors.
- Courses and workshops.
- Legal assistance and counselling.